Perspectives are views that help in providing focus to the tasks and techniques applied within an initiative or project. BABOK Guide V3 unveils a number of perspectives that may be adopted in carrying out business analysis work: Agile, Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Business Architecture and Business Process Management (BPM).
The BPM perspective unveils the unique characteristics of business analysis when practised within the context of developing or improving business processes. You may browse through our collection of posts on BPM to get started.
In order to improve existing processes, BAs should have a solid understanding of BPM. So, if you’re a business analyst involved in a BPM project, use these free courses to get up to speed on BPM concepts:
1. Business Process Management: What Every Business Process Analyst Should Know by Business Analyst Learnings. This course offers a solid foundation of business process analysis and contains details of the key principles and concepts of Business Process Management (BPM).
The course approaches BPM from these angles:
It is presented in an easy-to-digest format as a 5-day email course that can be consumed while on the go. Sign up for the course by "Paying what you want" (or nothing at all) and you will also get a free download of:
- Business Process Definition Template
- Business Process Definition Guide/Infographic
2. Business Process Modelling and Analysis (2013) by Prof. Dr. Mathias Weske: The aim of this course is to provide insight into the concepts and language for describing and analyzing business processes.
3. Diploma in Business Process Management: This course is offered for free by ALISON and covers key modules on documenting business processes, business intelligence, knowledge management, system design and implementation, within the context of BPM. It takes approximately 20 hours to complete and covers such topics as “Logical Components of a Business Process”, “Reading Data Flow Diagrams”, “Management Decision Making” and many others.
4. Explore BPM with Bizagi, a popular software vendor in the BPM landscape. The course teaches how to model and automate business processes using Bizagi BPM Suite.
Do you know of other free BPM courses I can add to this list?
Picture Attribution: “Flowchart Diagram” by jscreationzs/Freedigitalphotos.net