Business Analysts often have to mediate discussions among stakeholders and team members to ensure they can reach an understanding or agreement. To do this effectively, they should be able to identify the interests of each party, including those not expressed, while helping each party identify the solutions that satisfy those interests as much as possible.
There are some free courses that BAs can take advantage of to improve their negotiation skills and fulfil their roles effectively.
1. The following courses are offered by Coursera (where a course is not offered for free indefinitely, financial aid is available):
The Art of Negotiation from the University of California, Irvine
Business English: Planning & Negotiating, from the University of Washington
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills, from the University of Michigan
High Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation, from Northwestern University
2. Alison, an online course provider offers Introducing the Art of Negotiation, which was published by Stanford.
3. Another similar course offered via the Alison platform is the Introduction to Conflict Management and Negotiation, published by Avdvance Learning Academy.
4. Explore Free Negotiation Skills – Winning Negotiation offered by Total Success
5. You can find a catalog of free negotiation courses on Classpert, a free online course search engine designed to help people find the classes that most suit their professional and personal interests.
Do you know of any other courses that should be on this list?