The success and effectiveness of business analysis work relies heavily on communication skills. Clarity, conciseness and accuracy are particularly important in getting one’s ideas across and communicating business requirements. Communication can happen in different forms, e.g. verbal and non-verbal, and is one of the underlying competencies BAs are expected to have to be successful on the job. As with any other skill, it can be learned with sufficient knowledge and practice.
Interested in improving your communication skills this year?
Take advantage of this compilation of courses from Coursera to improve your communication skills. Where required, financial aid is available.
- Communicating Business Analytics Results, from University of Colorado Boulder
- Business English Communication Skills Specialization from the University of Washington
- Improve Your English Communication Skills Specialization, offered by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: The PwC Approach Specialization
- Effective Communication: Writing, Design, and Presentation Specialization, offered by the University of Colorado Boulder
- Communication in the 21st Century Workplace, offered by the University of California, Irvine
- Engaging in Persuasive and Credible Communication, offered by National University of Singapore
- Business English for Cross-cultural Communication, offered by the The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Effective Communication in the Globalised Workplace Specialization, offered by National University of Singapore
- Intercultural Communication and Conflict Resolution, from the University of California, Irvine
Do you know of any other free courses that can help to improve one's communication skills? Please leave a comment below.