Leadership is about motivating people to act in ways that help to achieve shared goals and objectives. In eliciting and managing requirements, business analysts encounter numerous opportunities to display their leadership skills and influence the decisions that are made throughout the course of the project.
If you are interested in building or improving on your leadership skills, the following courses provide an avenue for achieving this.
1. Here are some courses from Coursera (where a course is not offered for free indefinitely, financial aid is available):
- Inspirational Leadership: Leading with Sense Specialization, offered by HEC, Paris
- Leadership for Managers, from Vanderbilt University
- Leadership in 21st Century Organizations, from Copenhagen Business School
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence, from Indian School of Business
- Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence, from Case Western Reserve University
- Self-Awareness and the Effective Leader, from Rice University
2. Alison hosts a Leadership Skills in Business Course, published by Connexions
3. Reed offers Management and Leadership: Growing as a Manager
4. edX hosts the course, Inclusive Leadership Training: Leading with Effective Communication, from Catalyst.
What other courses do you think should be on this list?