Regardless of your profession, you might be required at one point or the other to deliver a presentation to your audience. It helps to learn how to deliver a good presentation beforehand as this will come in handy when the D-day arrives.
“90% of how well the talk will go is determined before the speaker steps on the platform.” – Somers White
There are several free courses online that can help you develop or sharpen your skills before your presentation. Here’s a list to start with:
1. Coursera offers the following courses (where a course is not offered for free indefinitely, financial aid is available):
- Presentations: Speaking so that people listen – With the free version of this course, you gain access to instructional videos and handouts for learning how to deliver a great presentation. It is offered by University of California, Irvine
- Effective Business Presentations with Powerpoint, offered by PwC teaches the skills needed to structure a great presentation, teaches design principles and how to tell a compelling story
- Successful Presentation, presented by University of Colorado Boulder, focuses on four presentation themes – mastering fear, adopting a formula that works, using verbal and non-verbal language as well as predicting what will happen in the room.
- Business English: Making Presentations is from the University of Washington, and focuses on the language and techniques for making effective presentations in English
2. Alison also offers a course on Business Communication - Developing Effective Business Presentation Skills
Which other courses do you think should be on this list?