Words are a lens to focus one’s mind – Ayn Rand
Business Writing is extremely important in almost all professions. Effective communication involves deciding when it is appropriate to send an email, organize a meeting or deliver a presentation.
Writing for me, has always been a way of expressing myself in more definite terms. It also improves the thought process and exposes gaps in one's knowledge. Whatever the case, business writing is extremely important to becoming a successful professional and communicating clearly to stakeholders.
Here are some free course materials online that can help improve your writing skills. Where a course is not offered for free indefinitely, financial aid is available. Here we go...
1. Alison offers Business Communication - Fundamentals of Business Writing, which introduces the art of business writing.
2. Coursera offers more options:
- High-Impact Business Writing, offered by University of California, Irvine
- Business Writing, from University of Colorado Boulder
- English for Effective Business Writing, from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Better Business Writing in English, from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Business English Communication Skills Specialization, from University of Washington
- Write Professional Emails in English, from Georgia Institute of Technology
3. EdX also has a course dedicated to improving business writing skills: Academic and Business Writing, from the University of California.
Check these business writing courses out to see which one is right for you.
Which other courses do you think should be on this list?