It's that time of the year again and here is a list of the most popular 2015 posts, as determined by BAL readers. This list is based on the number of page views received by each post.
Special thanks to all BAL readers for making 2015 worthwhile.
Here it goes:
1. edX: A List of Free Training Courses For Business Analysts: This post is a compilation of free courses from edX that anyone wearing the BA hat stands to benefit from. Though these courses are open to all, you can obtain a verified certificate of achievement for some of the courses (this comes with a fee) as proof of your new knowledge. You may choose to update your CV/LinkedIn profile with the details of any course you complete successfully or just pick up new skills you can apply on the job.
2. Improve Your Domain Knowledge With This List Of Free Courses: This post comprises a list of free training courses you can sign up for to learn the key concepts of specific domains and improve your commercial awareness. "Commercial awareness" refers to a person’s general knowledge of the business, their experiences and specifically, their understanding of the industry they work in or intend to join.
3. A List of Websites With Free Business Analysis Templates: The quality of the business analysis templates you use for your work can have a huge impact on the deliverables you produce. Templates save time and provide basic frameworks for creating documents. They can help you recognize the questions you didn’t remember to ask stakeholders, remind you of the key information you need to get and add a professional touch to your documents. Quite a number of sites online provide templates you can download for free. These templates are particularly useful if you are looking for ideas on how to create a template from scratch or customize existing ones.
4. What Is A Requirements Traceability Matrix? Requirements Traceability refers to the degree to which it is possible to link a requirement to other requirements, the objective from which it emanated, the test cases used to verify its implementation as well as the solution components created as a result of the requirement.
A Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) is used for linking product requirements from the time of their origin to their fulfilment.
5. The Business Analyst Training Landscape: A Guide To Selecting A Business Analyst Training Provider: Becoming a successful business analyst requires experience, education, opportunity and a host of other variable factors to be in place. Though BAs can learn quickly through encounters on the job, effective training is also essential to becoming certified and acquiring the knowledge you need to become a successful Business Analyst.
I get a lot of questions from readers trying to find their way through the maze of training options available in the BA industry. It can be rather overwhelming separating the wheat from the chaff with the increasing number of trainers available.
6. Modelling Business Processes With Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN 2.0): BPMN is a graphical notation for modelling business processes. It can be used to model complex business processes, which is why it is often preferred to the flowchart technique. This article discusses the elements of business process modelling with BPMN 2.0 and also sheds some light on the benefits of business process modelling.
Picture Attribution: “Top Rated Tablet Means Most Popular Or Best-seller” by Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net