If you’re ready for socializing and networking or just looking for professional development opportunities, here are some business analysis events to get you started in 2018. So, go ahead and save the dates:
1. ProjectWorld*BusinessAnalystWorld holds this year from June 4-7, 2018 in Toronto and is reputed to be the largest series of conferences for project managers and business analysts in North America. For other locations and dates relating to this conference, take a look at the IIBA Events Calendar to see which one would work for you. Experts from across the globe will attend the event and you can look forward to learning opportunities. An excerpt from the site is as follows:
You will leave feeling motivated, armed with new skills, tools and techniques that can be immediately applied in your workplace - not to mention an arsenal of new contacts. PW*BAW places great importance in connecting you with others in your community.
2. Check the IIBA Chapter website of your area - If you are looking for local events in your area, the IIBA chapter website is a great place to start. For example, IIBA Toronto Chapter has scheduled events if you take a look at their site.
3. BBC 2018 - This event is termed, “Building Business Capability” and is scheduled to hold from November 5 to November 9 2018 in San Antonio, Texas. The event provides insight into key areas of Business Analysis, Architecture, Processes, and Transformation. An excerpt from their website is below:
Advance your career with 36 half-day tutorials offering the mission critical education, tactical advice and hands-on exercises you need to support your business projects, requirements and team.
4. bpmNEXT - Interested in business process management software? Explore the event scheduled to hold in Santa Barbara, California from April 17 - April 19, 2018.
Now in its 6th year, bpmNEXT remains the definitive showcase of the next generation of Business Process Management software – covering Advanced Analytics, Blockchain, Decision Management, Digital Transformation, Robotic Process Automation, AI, the Internet of Things, Process Mining, and the next generation of BPMS platforms.
5. If you’re in Eruope, be sure to check out Business Analysis Conference Europe which holds between 24-26 September 2018 at Westminster, London. It provides networking opportunities, certification opportunities and learning opportunities covering 5 different tracks such as:
- How to do Business Analysis (Building Your Business Analysis Core Skillset)
- Pushing the Boundaries of Business Analysis (Building On Your BA Core Skillset)
- The Evolving Business Analyst (Expanding Your BA Toolkit)
- Stakeholder Engagement (Developing Your Behavioural Skills)
- Fresh Perspectives (Expanding Your BA Mindset)
Do you know of any other events that should be on this list?